Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Someone Pinch Me..

I may rewrite this post because I'm still trying to figure out how to put this day into words haha. Let me first start out from the beginning.

Adam and I had all weekend to go over the profile but we knew by Friday evening that we wanted them to be the IP's(intended parents) we worked with during the surrogacy. And I knew that since I was looking forward to Monday that the weekend would just drag on and take forever. Normally I want the weekends to go by slow and I hate Mondays but I was so ready for Monday to be here so I could know yes or no. Well Monday finally came and that morning I woke up to an email from the social worker she was glad that I was happy with the IP's profile but let me know that she didn't know how the IP's felt yet. She told me she would let me know once they emailed her. Finally on the way to Busch Garden I got an email and she said that the IP's are also happy to schedule a skype session. I let her know our schedule for the week and she told me she would let me know what day and time. 

Whenever I got this email my heart felt like it stopped for a few seconds. It was REALLY happening! I was so nervous, excited, anxious, glad, and just felt positive about it all. That night whenever I was finally able to reply to my emails and see all of the emails I noticed that I not only got an email from the social worker but also from one of the IF's(intended fathers) he just pretty much said how he was excited about the skype call and that he was looking forward to speaking with Adam and I. Getting that email helped put me at ease and not as nervous about the whole conversation. It was like it kind of cracked the ice(not completely broke it just cracked it haha). 

Tuesday morning was FINALLY HERE! I got up early and started getting ready for my doctors appointment that afternoon. I had to have my IUD removed and get on a different form of birth control. It was only an hour long so I had 3 hours pretty much to get ready to skype haha. I was already dressed and had my make up on but with all this humidity I had to do something with my mane! It was a mess! So I decided since my hair does best curled I would curl it :) it seemed like the day just dragged on! I was so nervous I thought I was going to vomit but thankfully I did not.. 

3pm FINALLY got here and we put on a tv show for the kids in the living room and explained to them that we had to go upstairs and make a phone call(the kids still don't know about the whole surrogate thing just yet but we will be telling them hopefully by the end of this week). I also let them know that they could go play cars or barbies but if they needed anything to ask GP(Adams dad) and I went upstairs and waited, and waited, and waited. Adam was not as nervous as I was. I swear(not even kidding) I was sweating like I was standing outside in 100 degree weather. I even had the fan blowing on me haha. The closer it got the more nervous I got. 3:20 got here and they signed on!!!! YES THEY SIGNED ON TO SKYPE! The email said that they would skype me so I just waited, staring at the screen. Those last 10 minutes took FOREVER! But finally at 3:30pm on the dot the computer started to ring. I didn't know what to do. Adam was sitting right there beside me and I still let him know "they're calling RIGHT NOW." He was laughing at me. And then it happened. I clicked answer! And my skype "quit responding"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS! The only time skype ever gave me an issue was whenever I would skype Adam overseas! COME ON SKYPE!! REALLY???? So it hung up on them. Thankfully it was an easy fix and then we skyped again. After that everything went smooth and we talked for about 50 minutes. It started storming here and the connection would mess up every once in awhile but other than that it went great. I talked a LOT. Yes people I know I already talk a lot but whenever I'm nervous I don't know how to STOP, its like it won't turn off! I didn't have many questions but it was great talking with them and getting to know each other. They had a lot of questions but I was glad. I wanted them to have more questions than me just so we could all be on the same page with the surrogacy experience and what to expect during the journey. They seemed very laid back about the whole thing which is what I really wanted. A lot of IP's want a certain sex but they are happy with either. They also want just want baby so no pressure to try and have multiples. We will only be transferring one embryo. I was kind of bummed about the single embryo just because the more embryo's you transfer the better chance of getting pregnant. But I will just pray extra hard that the single embryo sticks. With transferring a single embryo its less likely for multiples so less complication. Even though I'm fine with twins a single baby will be much easier than 2-4 babies..

Now the next part of the process is to wait and see if they still want me to be their surrogate and then the contact part is next. Well I guess that's it for now.


Here's a few photo's from our day at Busch Garden's 

Us waiting to get on a roller coaster
the top of the roller coaster
 Brett on the boat ride
 He went first with daddy

Then with mommy(he said this was his new favorite ride)
She thought it was so cool that daddy got to ride with her :)


  1. What a beautiful blog. =) I will be following, I enjoy your writing.

    1. Monique I just saw your reply and I wanted to say thank you :)

  2. I just started reading your blog and wish I had found it earlier. I keep finding myself going back and reading beginning stories like this one. I've always thought about being a surrogate, but never knew anyone who went through it. You are a such a gift to this family and a great inspiration for others.

    1. Thank you so much :) That is why I decided to blog because most people have no idea how surrogacy works. And also you don't know many surrogates. It was hard finding information whenever I was starting my surrogacy journey. So if my blog helps one person out with their journey then I'm happy :)