Friday, July 19, 2013

Back To Reality I Go.... Do I Have To???

Well we have been on a week long vacation with the family, my mom, younger brother, my mom best friend(who is really like my aunt, she was there whenever I was born), her 2 kids, and it was a BLAST! We stayed at North Beach Plantation and it was AMAZING! We were upgraded from a 3 bedroom to a 4 bedroom just because(I wasn't going to complain it didn't cost us anymore than the 3 bedroom). I would recommend them in a heartbeat. My only complaint is their customer service wasn't too great. It wasn't bad but it wasn't the best. It was a HUGE condo area that had a choice between houses or hotel type condos. The houses were not right on the beach so we decided on the hotel condo and we did not have any regrets.
It had 2 kiddie pools that were like 1 1/2 feet deep, a 3 foot pool that was great because Brett could touch but he could also swim in it, a pool with a swim up bar that was also 3 feet deep but it was adult only with little tables in the water, another pool that went to about 5 feet that the older kids liked, 3 hot tubs, 2 other pools that started out 3 feet but went to about 4 feet, and another pool that we actually didn't get it so I'm not sure how deep it was haha. 
Then the beach was right outside the gate from the resort. It was so peaceful at night just relaxing on the balcony and listening to the waves crash and some nights we were able to watch fireworks go off on the beach. We also got to pop fireworks ourselves and the kids loved the sparklers and bottle rockets or whatever they were called. 
 
 
We went to a place called Broadway that we should of went to before our last evening there but we still enjoyed it. If you ever go to Myrtle or North Myrtle Beach I recommend going there with or without kids. TAKE CASH! They have ATMS but still just take cash
The kids were AWESOME(all the kids were awesome, not just mine)! Brynna wasn't a fan of the water at the beach but she enjoyed playing in the sand. She was a little afraid of the waves(her words not mine) but the last day she did great jumping in the waves. Brett loved the beach(water, sand, waves, and everything else). Adam was stung by a jelly fish in the beach on day 2 or 3. Thankfully it wasn't too bad but you could kind of see the red lines of where he was stung. He wasn't for sure if it was a jelly fish because the water wasn't too clear while we were there but he was around a few people whenever it happened and they agreed it was probably a jelly fish. I ended up also dropping my phone in the ocean while taking pictures. Typically ME! haha. Did I mention that I have an iPhone 5? Thankfully I have an otterbox and keep it on my phone at all times. It was only in the water for 1/2 a second and it hit mainly sand but thank you otterbox for saving my iPhone :) BUT since the otterbox saved my phone from the ocean the ocean stole Adams ray ban sunglasses which were not cheap. You win some you lose some haha. The last day we were there he wore his ray bans in the ocean and the waves were hitting hard and coming one right after the other and somehow they were on his face one second and gone the next. He tried to scoop them up but missed them and they were gone like that. So I guess those will go on his Christmas wish list? 

Adam and I also got a date night with a guy that he works with and the guys girlfriend. It was nice getting a night out as husband and wife.

Overall we had a great week. It was so much fun we asked to stay an extra night and at first they had no open rooms available and it was completely booked full but the last night we were there we called to ask one more time if we could extend our stay and guess what??? A ROOM OPENED UP! It was only a 3 bedroom but it was just for one night so it worked out great in the end.. And we got to enjoy one more day and night at the beach!! We had a great time but now it is time to go back to reality. Adam goes back to work on Monday and its back to reality. Time to prepare for our screening appointment in California the beginning of next month and continue our surrogacy journey. We emailed with the IF's over the past week and it was great hearing from them. I cant wait to meet them and start the real part of the journey(signing contracts/making it official) and then GETTING PREGNANT(I cannot wait to tell them that I am officially pregnant I think that will be the best part besides the delivery). Well that's all for now.

Kayla

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was amazing! We have decided when we retire we will live in a beach house somewhere along the coast haha. Not sure what beach yet though. Probably have another 20+ years to go haha

      Delete