Sunday, October 6, 2013

You've Got To Take The Good With The Bad..

So Adam went to Florida for 2 weeks and what I didn't realize was 2 weeks is the longest the kids and I have been by ourselves.. Whenever Adam was in basic(10-11 weeks) and ait(4 weeks) the kids and I lived with my Gigi(grandma) and whenever he was in Korea before we moved with him we stayed living with her. So we were never alone. Adam has been gone before but I think the longest he has been gone is 5 days at the most and I think the furthest he's ever gone was an hour or 2 away and this time it was like 9 hours!! Now for those of y'all that are thinking he's in the military get use to it. Yes I know that but so far we have been lucky and he has not deployed yet(no I don't count Korea as a deployment because it's not a deployment, he doesn't have a deployment patch from it and there are military families living in South Korea with their spouse so no it's not a deployment in my book it's an overseas duty station lol). So I am counting this as practice and in my opinion we've been doing pretty good :).

Instead of being hermits and staying indoors, because getting out with 2 little ones can be pretty hectic by yourself, we have had fun. Brynna and I went grocery shopping and to hobby lobby to get all the supplies needed to make her Halloween costume. She is going to be little red riding hood. I did order the hood/jacket part because I'm not that crafty yet. This is my first tutu thing to ever make and I must say I'm proud of it :) I will be cutting the ties shorter this was just to see how it fit. I can't wait to see how it looks all put together though.


We also had a dinner date with some friends of ours. We went to eat at sonic and then had a movie night at their house. Today I had an frg coffee and a friend down the street kept the kids. They only live a couple houses down from us, normally we just walk over there and today the kids really wanted to walk. Well I wanted to drive because it was super hot out and I just wanted to drop them off and head to the meeting. So I decided I'd let the kids walk and I'd drive next to them. They thought they were so grown up and it was so funny watching them walk "alone".


I have realize that good and bad things will always happen when daddy has to leave. One day one I locked myself out of the bathroom which honestly isn't thatbig of a deal but normally Adam unlocks the doors whenever we look ourselves out haha. Finally 6 days later I decided to go get the key and unlock it. Day 2 Boidoe pooped in the house and normally I make up some lame excuse as to why Adam needs to clean it haha. But I knew if I left it there for 12 days and waited for Adam to get home to clean it that my house would probably really stink so I decided to suck it up and clean it. Another bad thing is the spiders decided now that Adam has left they will all come out and torture me!! They don't live long because I find a shoe and kill them while screaming haha. But some good things are my groceries last a LOT longer. The gas also last a lot longer, the car was only driven like 5 times the whole 2 weeks. I have more room in the bed. And I don't have to work around Adams schedule I can go and do as I please. Now don't get me wrong I miss him when he's gone and I'd rather him be home than be gone but I'm getting better about him being gone. Even though I don't think it's getting easier on the kiddos. The first night they did great but after that it went down hill. If they got to talk on the phone with him or leave him a voicemail they do much better. Here is Brynna one night having a break down about daddy being gone.

This morning when I woke up and checked my email I had an email from J&J and I was so happy to read that the schedule/calendar is being worked on. So I should get the schedule this week and I'm so excited to finally have a transfer date. Which really if you think about it this process really hasn't taken that long. We were matched the end of July and should be transferring in November!! I'm so excited to be going back to Cali. if any of y'all ever go to L.A. and y'all like sushi go to a place called B.A.D. Sushi they are seriously amazing and I can't wait to go back.

"You've got to take the good with the bad, smile with the sad, love what you've got, and remember what you had. Always forgive, but never forget. Learn from mistakes, but never regret."
- Unknown


Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment